Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fruit, bikes, and ice






A little about this week. The apricots are now ripe and falling off the tree. I promised dear hubby that I would make him a pie if he brought the apricots in. I think he had them in before I was finished with my sentence. So I made two. One for today which I baked this morning. One for another day which I put in the freezer. I learned from here how to freeze pies. It is certainly less work to make two at once than to wait a day and make another. I also have five pounds of blueberries in the fridge waiting for an assignment...not sure blueberry pies freeze well. I did use another two cups of apricots and made a double batch of scones which promptly went in the freezer. I think some of this recent baking will go camping with us in a few weeks.

I finally found a bike seat for ady the other day. (found one for myself last week as well, uncle mike...the new cushy one...so far...feels fabulous!) Ady loved riding on the back. Of course I spent three weeks looking for the thing and Kevin got to take her on her first ride...not fair! she giggled and laughed the whole way! I took her for a longer one after dinner and she seemed to enjoy it lots. It is going to be fun to take her along now.

Today was hot hot hot! by the time we got around to wanting to swim it was getting late, so I filled the tub and let them take a "swimming bath" including a bowl full of ice cubes....a nice activity that didn't involve me going upstairs too many times. I even put dish soap in so the bubbles would last a lot longer, they seemed quite relaxed and ready for bed after this, so it was a nice ending to a hot sticky day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. God bless!

Gottfredsen said...

What fun and yummy times.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin