Friday, June 19, 2009

ice cream without milk?


Ahhh, ice cream, a staple of summer. I am not a HUGE fan, like many in my family. But I do enjoy an occasional dish. (and blizzard, but I think I have to simply say good-bye to those, at least for now)

So, I headed to the internet. I really really DO love the resources available online as a stay at home mom!!

What I found was vegan chocolate sorbet. Even though it has that odd word, vegan, in it, it turned out great.
the ingredients are simple. The process is simple. The product? great! It passed both kids inspections, especially Ady, she's a dark chocolate kind of gal. This definitely passes the chocolate cravings, and cold icy cravings. I'm thinking that it would make some awesome fudge pops, if I had the right containers.

4 comments:

DuVal Family said...

I know the Tupperware ones would be nice but I did find some moulds for less than $3 at Bi-Mart. It's a cheap, local solution to the problem.

Aly sun said...

Just don't look at the sugar grams and you'll do great (50 per serving it said). I also love the internet as a great resource for recipes.

Andee said...

There's always the old dixie cup and a stick method.

Kari said...

erika: I crossed fred meyer three times yesterday and forgot each time to look! ugh.

Aly sun: I am a single scoop kind of a girl (not a heaping bowl) so I think I can handle the sugar. :)

Andee: that is the only reason I have a box of cups and an insane amount of sticks, but I wasn't thinking of them while the sorbet was still soft enough to shape!

we are loving the sweet treat though! there's even a little fiber in it, shhhhh, don't tell!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin