Saturday, June 27, 2009

What does this mean to you?


Dinner last night, just the kids and I. Daddy is feverishly getting hay brought in. We were eating mac and cheese and strawberries (kids) and fish tacos (mom). Nat King Cole was playing on the stereo, the current favorite music.

Caiden: who's that singing?
Mom: Nat King Cole. He used to be a famous singer, and he died a long time ago.
Caiden: Did you know him?
Mom: (trying not to spit out the fish taco) No, he was just a famous singer.
Caiden: Then how do you know his name, if you didn't know him?
Mom: Well, sometimes people are famous and we know their names without knowing them.

What does this conversation imply to you??

p.s. the picture above is Caiden's writing in the foundation cement. He knew that he messed up his d, but in wet cement, what can you do??? So, his reversal will be forever covered with our house!

2 comments:

Andee said...

Benton was interrogating me about something the other day and we finally came to the end of the knowledge on the subject. "I don't know." I said. He kept asking me questions. "Ben, why do you keep asking me questions after I say i don't know. Do you think I know everything?"
"Yes. That's your job."
Oh.

So Kari, keep that in mind next time. You are to know everyone and everything.

Kari said...

yes, I have gathered that. Sometimes I am amazed at the questions. I always wondered why my mom didn't know more!! ugh.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin