Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday: laundry baskets

Piles of dirty clothes do NOT work for me. Today for Works for me Wednesday I will show you the laundry shortcut that works for us! I use two laundry baskets in each of our two used bathrooms. A white one for whites and lights. A colored basket for darks. My children ages 3 and 5 sort their clothes, as does my dear hubby and myself. When it is laundry time there is no sorting, just grabbing a basket and dumping it in the washer. Saves me time, lets the kids help with daily housekeeping, and eliminates the piles around the laundry room of unwashed laundry. Works for Me! Head on over to Rocks in my Dryer for lots more ideas that work!


The kids baskets in REAL time, not altered by mommy.


Mom and Dad's basket, again in REAL time, not altered.

6 comments:

Marlene McGarrity said...

Great tip! I love that it works so easily with the kids. It's a good habit to teach them as well.

Garden State Kate said...

I wish I had room for that, but we have one small bathroom in our house.
One hamper in the master bedroom
and I have P toss the clothes down to the basement for laundry day. She help me sort and I have 5 hampers down there...1 for each type of load we do, dark,light,whites,towels,Princesses.
Handwashables (rare) get done upstairs as needed.

Kara said...

Great minds must think alike, I did a very similar WFMW post today too:)

Julo said...

one of my previous WFMW shared how i don't even fold my kids' clothes. i just put the clean ones in separate baskets and let them put them away with the only requirement that i cannot see them. :)

Mandy said...

That is a great idea! I tried it once, but my husband refuses to even put his clothes in ONE basket, let alone a color coded one. I will try it one more time. Thanks for the incentive!

Jen said...

I've thought about doing this, but our bathroom is soooo tiny. I've been having the kids bring the laundry from the hampers downstairs, but they just dump them on the floor. I may just have to add sorting to their job so that I don't have to do it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin