I was thinking of making music with water in jars like another mommy, but didn't quite get to it.
Instead, I thought we would do something with paint that we hadn't done before. So I took apart a couple of glass shelves in my room (which mostly take up space, they hold about 5 books and a candle...not completely necessary in a small room!)
I placed towels on the table to keep the glass from sliding. Laid glass at each end for the kiddos.
We went out and picked flowers for the prints. (they mostly used the sponges and brushes...perhaps I should have provided ONLY the flowers?) They painted a bit, then we laid the paper on top and rubbed our hands over it and lifted the paper to see our print.
Caiden was particularly excited about how it transferred. Ady, who has been sick all week was only a teensy bit impressed. She immediately took off the apron and headed to my big chair to watch T.V. poor little thing. (she's the one that likes to paint the most)
9 comments:
That sounds like a really cool project. I bet they had lots of fun.
We did this too!!! great idea... I used the glass from a photo frame. I got my idea from Bookhou when she used Perspex Plexiglass.
Funny about the flowers/sponges! I've found with E that if I give her choices, she actually HAS A MIND OF HER OWN! heehee. You must have the same kind of kids...
I only put on the table a limited amount of stuff...I'm getting better at guiding but not being bossy! :)
I remember doing a similar project in Jr. High Art class. Fun!
What a great idea! :)
Awww, hope she feels better. Great project.
I try to remind myself that it's her project, not mine.lol
That's a neat idea! I hope your little one feels better soon!
Wonderful idea! Hope your kiddo feels better. :)
Very neat, poor Ady, I feel so bad when they don't feel so good.
Post a Comment