The new mantra in our house goes something like this...
"After we wake up what will we do?"
"After swimming lessons and lunch and nap, what will we do?"
"After library and the park, what will we do??"
"After we have friends over what will we do?"
"After we go to town, what will we do?"
At the beginning of summer I remember reading many mommy blogs about the summer boredom crisis and I read many lists of ways to reduce the boredom of our kids. I didn't think it would happen to me! (and so, I did not print or bookmark any of these) I had all intentions of keeping to a schedule (at least somewhat) and being motivated by solar and and water power (translated: lots of pool time) and so I really didn't think I would need a bag of tricks!
I don't think they know the word bored yet...if they did I would be tired of it. Thankfully they don't hear that word around here and it doesn't seem to be prevalent in children's stories..but their tenacity to know a schedule is something else. I'm thinking that I should be pulling out a few activities to do with them occasionally rather than depending on the sunshine to entertain them? Or...maybe they just miss school. only 7 weeks left!!!
1 comment:
I here a lot of "What's on your list today?" (too many fred meyer adds) and "I just want to do something exciting!!" Me too! You know what's exciting? playing in the pool while Mommy works on her tan! He's not convinced.
Post a Comment