Thursday, May 7, 2009

If I only had a...


sponge that fit.

I totally LOVE this kitchen tool. We use it a million times a day. My mom always used one and so, I use one.












Since I love this particular tool, I am forced to collect these:















And These:












Because, they are not all created equal and I do not ALWAYS shop at the same store or even always REMEMBER to shop for them. So, if I happen by the aisle I pick up a couple and I hope that what I choose will miraculously fit ONE of the handles in the sticky soapy bag that holds my "collection". Because just to make life fun for mommies, every store carries a different brand, every brand has a slightly different rectangle, convenient eh? (for them...and so to spite the makers of inconvenient convenient tools, I collect the handles, so far? I always have one that fits, muaa haa haaa!)



How about you...how do you thwart the makers of convenient items with replaceable, disposable parts?

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

This is funny. You outsmarted them! I have a Swiffer Max that I loved until I couldn't find Swiffer Max replacement pads. Swiffer has 14 million products, but not the one I need replacements for. Now, I dampen a towel and wrap it around the swiffer part, using the tabs provided to keep the towel in place. It works pretty good and it is free!

Andee said...

OK, you know you have been sisters too long when you independently arrive at the same solution to the Swiffer problem and go to comment about it on the same blog. So ditto what Alysun said. Meanwhile, I have outsmarted the wax paper industry by holding onto cereal bags. They don't work for everything, but if you need to crush candy canes or graham crackers or seperate hamburger patties, you've got it made!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin