What impressed me the most was watching my friend, who had been giving me a sewing lesson all day, load up the syringe and so calmly give the injections as the calf jumped around. I'm pretty sure she's specially gifted for this!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
maybe not today
We spent the afternoon at Erika's earlier this week to watch cows being worked. Since we don't personally have livestock I have been wanting the kids (and myself) to see what goes on with these critters since it is prevalent around here. Working cows on this day consisted of shots and branding, none of that other stuff they do to poor little cows! Here she is saying, "hello cow!" About ten minutes later as the calf is jerking around in the thing that holds it in place, (probably a cage?) she is crying and done. After the little guy is released I head her back to the house to visit with Erika's mom while Caiden watches the rest of the first batch in calm observation, straight faced. Ady...not a cowgirl today.
What impressed me the most was watching my friend, who had been giving me a sewing lesson all day, load up the syringe and so calmly give the injections as the calf jumped around. I'm pretty sure she's specially gifted for this!

What impressed me the most was watching my friend, who had been giving me a sewing lesson all day, load up the syringe and so calmly give the injections as the calf jumped around. I'm pretty sure she's specially gifted for this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess I should have been a better instructor that day. Where was the teacher in me? I think it was dominated by the Mommy in me just wanting to get it done before the little one woke up.
Anyway, the calves were caught in a calf table and the cows were caught in a squeeze chute. The calf table allows us to flip the calves on their side so that we can castrate them.
I never thought of it as a special gift but I guess it could be. Just don't ask me to give a human a shot!
Post a Comment