
I spent much of my morning browsing for cool ideas for our science stuff next year. The loose agenda is 20 weeks animals, 10 weeks human body, 6 weeks plants.
Animals will be lots of fun and will make Caiden soooo happy. He is a lover of factual information and reading. (Ady would rather have the pinkalicious book, thank you very much.)
The somewhat paper part of the plan is to make a science notebook. Pages of animals (mostly coloring pages) with facts, then maybe a little intro/practice at observation with some field trips.
I think we could go here for BIG animals, Here for Ady's kind of animals, and then here for some swimmy kind of animal fun, and of course here for local flying fun.
I also found some GREAT free printable coloring book/page links
Animal coloring books
Mammal coloring pages with fact pages
Wetlands coloring book
Some very cool places to see pictures and videos and read animal facts.
U.S. Fish and wildlife
Kids Answers
Looking forward to learning more about God's fabulous creativity!!
2 comments:
So i'm just going to steal your lesson plan--send it my way! That sounds really fun.
Kari,
Here is another coloring resource I use for Corey sometimes:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/coloringbook/archive
Also: http://kids.nationalgeographic.com
has alot fo cool activities. You just have to make sure they aren't pushing evolution, which they tend to do sometimes.
Post a Comment