Saturday morning we headed out for a long morning of T ball. It was such a nice day. We ran late, which made me glad that at least for this year all subsequent games will be weekday evenings, not Saturday when we are in slow motion.
Caiden did an EXCELLENT job. Our biggest laugh of the day was after his first full inning he needed to go back out and he said, "again? but we already did that?" I'm not sure what that may mean in the future, when there are more than 2-3 innings played!
I thought he did really well following directions, he tagged bases and stood in the outfield watching what was going on. Though I'm pretty sure there was some daydreaming, but at least he wasn't chasing butterflies!
I really enjoyed getting to see other parents with their families and visiting with them. Our communities are little and it was surprising to me to see so many turn out for this, I wonder where they all "hide" :) I imagine if my hubby and I were a bit more social we might see them more often, maybe with the kids getting bigger and more transportable (at least for us) we may venture out more in the future.
Ady did great for the morning. She played on the playground for a very long time, then hung out with grandma and grandpa and was all around cheerful. I remember being the little sister while big brother played. There was another little sister that I spent much of the time with. We played behind the bleachers and ate concession snacks, remember the gum that looked like cigarettes and big league chew? Sometimes I even watched the game, but I think that ended when a foul ball hit my chest knocking the wind out of me!
All in all, a great day. Beautiful weather. My parents were able to come over the hill to watch the only grandson begin Tball. Then we went to lunch and each headed our separate ways. It is so great that my kids can see their grandparent on days like this, what a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment