
I thought I was going to have to purchase a phonics primer or series for the kids. Which isn't terribly expensive, but I'd rather spend elsewhere. When I was at the parent resource this week I was able to find an
A Beka phonics book for us to use. I also grabbed a handful of
BOB books to practice with and away we go! I'm hoping to work with each kiddo each day. Caiden is reading some sight words that he's learning in kindergarten, but not using any phonics to sound out. Adyson is sounding out..since she's learning here at home. Hopefully we can bust through the primer before I need to give it back, if I can avoid spending money on this, that's a fabulous deal! Gotta love free!!
3 comments:
You really are a homeschool inspiration. I am enjoying the process more and more. The recourses available are amazing and helpful.
I really love Phonics Pathways. It's not very expensive--under $20 and you can go as fast or slow as you want. Also, and I hate to admit it, but Benton learned his short vowel sounds inside out and upside down by watching the Leap Frog video Letter Factory. Caiden's probably a bit old for it, but Ben sure loved it. Still does in fact.
Ady loves word world, I'm pretty sure that is where she is learning to sound out the letters, they do such a great job of that.
Post a Comment