Thursday, April 9, 2009

Life is going on

I haven't posted in a few days, I can tell by the visitors log that a few faithful are checking in on us. Life is pretty much going on but the camera hasn't had any excitement and I like putting pictures up, since they are usually more fun than the text.

So far this week, we have had much much needed snow and rain which is an extra blessing because last week we also learned that the water we need for farming would indeed be released for the WHOLE season!!! woo hoo!! At least this year those pesky sucker fish wont threaten the livelyhood of so many people. So, we are thankful for the decisions and for the spring moisture, what a blessing!!

Caiden started T ball this week, he did great! I wasn't really sure how he would do with taking turns and sharing. The coaches broke the kids up into three groups and ran drills teaching rules and skills, he had a blast AND a great attitude, I was very proud of him. We get to go tonight for number 2 practice and I am hopeful that it will also go well.

I have been getting some sorting done in the form of bucket, crafts supplies and educational supplies. I pulled out educational materials that are too far below my kiddos for next year and passed them on to a friend. I have reorganized the art shelves in the dining room, hoping to make them more appealing to the kids, Ady took the bait and made a present for her friend Madison.

I made Laundry soap this week. It is dirt cheap to buy the ingredients and so so so easy to make, I have used it and it works great...not a miracle, just soap. I used a five gallon bucket, lots of water and three cheap ingredients...fels naptha soap, Arm and Hammer washing soda, and borax. It's great, Here's a link to a great tutorial and recipe, I see no need to recreate! enjoy!

I went with Kevin to get seed yesterday (kind of felt like being a newlywed, I have't joined in on a farm errand in awhile). After that he took me for a drive through some local areas I haven't been through yet, then we went out for lunch at the local diner, what a nice morning!! (maybe sending kids to school does have a few benefits!)

I have been knitting like crazy. I need to find a cheap yarn stash at some garage sales this summer. The yarn I have been using I found at an antique shop 3 years ago for a dollar a skein, and it it 3-4 dollars at the regular store, so I consider my "new hobby" to be cheap....so far.

It is raining again this morning and I am hoping to plan dinner, organize something, and curl up with my knitting or a book, I need to keep plugging away on my homeschool book pile, vacation seems to have stunted my energy for that pile...

3 comments:

DuVal Family said...

I have considered making the laundry soap. Where did you find all of the ingredients? It seems in my race through the grocery store I haven't seen the washing soda. Is it there and I need to look harder???

Annie said...

Boy have I missed you! Sorry that my internet connection is so slow...
I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa, and yet as you say, it is good to know that he is gathering rewards for a life lived for God.
I'm glad that you were able to take a vacation- I soaked up some refreshment just thinking about it (:
I'd better save the rest of my thoughts for an email - I need to get my crew focused. (Myself, too) Have a great day!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

It has been awhile since I visited. Yes school does have it's benefits. Dh and I went out the other day for the first time with no kids during the DAY which is odd. I tried knitting one day and just can't seem to pick it up again.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin