Sunday, September 21, 2008

A-Ha! and other photo fun stuff

At this very moment I am uploading over a hundred pictures to snapfish. Have you tried this delightful place? I love their prices and I love the ease of sharing photos and allowing others to order their own copies of the pictures that they actually like!

However, I had an interesting moment a few days ago as I realized that I am three months behind....summer pictures ring a bell...do you even KNOW how many pictures I took of my adorable kids this summer???

A year ago I was avidly using snapfish to "back-up" my photos...three at a time using dial-up...late at night. Then we got broadband and vista and a CD burner. One might think that I would save snapfish for just the adorable ones that others might enjoy. However, I have still been downloading quarterly pretty much all my photos...WHY??? you may be asking....because I completely forgot that the new wonderful computer could burn a CD of photos!!!! ugh!!!(me, pounding my forehead with open palm.)

One day soon, I will dig into my stack of burnable CD's and make my very own...maybe in January when I can do the whole year at once....hopefully no viruses will attack before then...oh well...I always have Snapfish! Perhaps I will finish editing my family movies as well that are sitting on the computer...not being burned onto anything. (Have I even taken ANY video this year...after hubby bought me a way better digital camera? hmmmm)

And now, dear Marcy informs me that I can turn my blog into a book...go ahead google that idea, you'll be wanting to publish your daily thoughts as well....would anyone even want to read this blog again? Isn't the point, that blogs don't get dusty? Would I really want to spend the time and energy (and money) to turn my random thoughts into a book that collects dust....I think dusty books are kind of sacred, I'm not so sure this counts. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

BB said...

I would so do it! In fact, I am putting it on my list of things to do when our tour here is over. I love the idea of having something concrete to flip through. Nothing takes the place of a book. This could be the easiest scrapbook of my adventures I have ever done. Maybe now, I can focus on all those other albums. Multi-tasking rocks!

DuVal Family said...

I definitely like the idea of turning it into a book. I was at one point taking the time to copy and paste it to MS Word when my patience ran out. Turning it into a book sounds like a good alternative...an it might actually get done!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin