We are enjoying our week. We had a great visit with to mama and papa over the weekend. Caiden got to finally go fishing with grandpa. Tuesday, back to school. both kids are still not very excited about school, I am praying that they will make friends soon. Most of Ady's class is Spanish speaking which makes making friends a bit more difficult, even at 4 years old. Caiden is convinced they are all mean. When I suggest that he needs to make friends, his reply "I don't want to be friends with mean kids!!" My heart goes out to him and I hope that soon this too shall pass.
I made a quick trip to town today during school time. Finally got a loooong over due haircut, maybe I won't look like a drowned rat tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow...yoga class. I had a great 3 pound weight loss last week, I am hoping to see a bit more this week, perhaps yoga, biking, and LOTS of water really will help...fingers crossed.
I did some baking today. I had several apples that had seen better days. so I made two apple coffee cakes; one for breakfast tomorrow and one to freeze. Also made 2 loaves of awesome apple bread to freeze for another time. I made this same bread before camping and it really was yummy and moist and lovely. I'm happy to have found a use for apples headed out of the refrigerator. I really do feel guilty trying to pass them off on the kids when I won't touch them, even smeared with yogurt/peanut butter and granola.
While the corn was cooking this evening (I haven't described how very much the kids LOVE corn on the cob...thank goodness Kevin grew lots and lots! they each eat 2 whole ears each time!) Caiden got to play a game from this site and Ady got to choose a game to play with mommy. Ady chose the electronic connect four. Very fun...she even won fair and square! Within moments Caiden was "done" playing and told Ady she could play. He chose a deck of cards to play with, with mommy. I decided that today he could learn slap jack. He LOVED it! At first he didn't like that I was testing his J knowledge. But once he figured out that we would get to race and slap, he was all mine!! He did great. Ady joined in on the fun after a bit, although it wasn't as much fun for her. She kept only watching her own stack and cried when only one J turned up. Caiden did really well sharing our stacks so we could keep playing and was very patient with Ady as she tried to understand...never did get there..maybe next month! It was nice to play a game with him that involved taking turns, comparing and not always winning..he did great!
No comments:
Post a Comment