We use Mozilla Firefox for our browsing. We have been doing this for a few years now. I love it. The other day, it was time to upgrade...we all know about upgrading things, usually you lose things you like to trade for stuff that doesn't always make sense. however this time, one of the new great features was an add blocker. I LOVE it! I don't see the "are you single?" type of ads. I wasn't aware of how annoying those were, until now...they are LONG gone!!! the little icon sits in my banner quietly blocking ads. Firefox already did a great job of blocking pop ups. This new little friend blocks the ads within the pages...LOVELY!
Here is a link for ad blockers for non firefox.
Or if you want to try Firefox there's a new link to the right in my sidebar to take you there. If you are using Firefox without the ad blocker, go to your tools menu and click on add ons. It is a beautiful thing! My kids have been known to come look and ask about the pictures on the screen (you know the ones I mean) and I answer very vaguely...now they will see only what I am actually reading about!
On a more fun note...we are heading to the county fair with our friends today. We will tour the animals and other free things this morning, enjoy an hour of rides during the parade, come home for lunch and nap. Then go back to exhaust the rest of the day.
Kevin is quite fond of this plan, because he isn't expected to participate. He did spend time there with me yesterday, we sat at the pro life booth. We do this each year and it is a nice way to visit and support babies and families. Each year I read a couple of the pamphlets we have and am astonished by the bogus and misleading information that planned parenthood presents to our kids. Definitely an organization to NOT trust.
Tomorrow dear hubby will go again for the church service...one nice thing about this area, we have a combined service at the fair which is a nice encouragment. Our churches here are very little and don't always like to "share" ( I know, I know, where's the perfect churches? they don't exist on this earth! Wont heaven be great...no doctrinal issues to separate us??) The local pastors are praying together for unity, and we know God is faithful.
1 comment:
Mozilla is nice, I switched over to it on our laptops because Safari just doesn't do it all, they don't get updated as often as the individual software apps like Mozilla. Apple can only update so much stuff at once. Also, when you click on the getting started, they have alot of tips for keystroke shortcuts and stuff. I seem to move with this apple better with the keystroke shortcuts better than windows. Also, I recently set aside a portion of my hard drive and can run windows, weird to have a computer with two different brains...
Post a Comment