I have ALWAYS wanted a big friendly orange tabby cat. Mom planted the seed a couple days ago. Kevin said if I found the "right" one we could do another cat. It has been a year since Harley died. I was running a bunch of errands with the kids yesterday and decided to go the humane society. It is in the boonies and I had to turn around several times before heading the right direction.
I intended for this to be a first visit, totally not expecting to find "Mr. Right" the first time. I figured we would make several trips in and have to subdue kiddos a few times. However, we walked into the cat room and looked in the cages and there he was. waiting patiently. We got him out and after stretching his legs a bit and sniffing around, he let each of us pet him and tolerated the kids putting toys in and on his face.
We decided that he would come home with us. Sometimes things are too easy! After making a "donation" for the cat and getting his microchip inserted we were off to buy new kitty toys and supplies.
He has done marvelously, he is 3 years old, is box trained and is already eating and drinking...happy days! He is a head butter and drools a little. He likes to be brushed which is good because he's a bit behind in the shedding department. Good thing I own a dyson! There was NO whining last night.
We do have to intercept for awhile as Anslow the dog with big teeth gets used to sharing space. Hopefully they will adapt soon enough. I'm not too worried about the cat, I think he's big enough to scare Anslow, but I'm hoping for apeaceful friendship.
Name? so far...Mouser. We have considered Morris, John George, Harley, Cap'n Stubing, Mater, Pete, Girly, Pretty...
3 comments:
What a pretty kitty.
Your website looks absolutely gorgeous. Perhaps the next time I'm there, you can give me some tips while the kids are occupied!
You got a cat, we picked out a puppy- not from the humane society, though. That cat looks perfect for your family! Sorry that we didn't get to chat much at church... want to get together soon?
Post a Comment