Thursday, September 18, 2008

Steadfast

Psalm 26:3
For thy steadfast love is before my eyes and I walk in faithfulness to thee.

This is the verse the kids and I are learning this week in the car. All week I have been wanting to teach them in a hands on way what steadfast means. I have an idea or two floating around that may involve daddy.

I just got my own hands on lesson about the meaning of steadfast. I went for a bike ride. the same loop that I took the other day. However today on the last 20 minutes the wind was blowing against me. It slowed me down by about 2 miles per hour and I was already tired. The wind just kept coming and coming. I felt like I could have walked just as fast. I started practicing our verse. Thinking more about steadfast. I realized that the wind was blowing against me but was not moving me. When I got home my time was actually better than the other day, despite my slower speed.
God's love is steadfast and cannot be moved or shaken and is not dependent on us. It just is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin