Tuesday, September 23, 2008

To do

This seems to be a theme this week. Thought I'd share how my lists are going.

What I thought about doing today:
clean bathroom, finish yesterday's laundry, blog about dance class, go for bike ride, work on processing apples. Make nice dinner.

What I did:
made 4 apple coffee cakes, batch of applesauce, 2 batches of dehydrated apples, folded some of the clothes from yesterday...still sitting on the floor. took nap.
played trains with kiddos, bathed kiddos, did homework with kiddos. Dug out the rest of my childhood records...I have a record that teaches how to do ventriloquism, and an Englebert Humperdink. And Burl Ives singing Goober Peas. (that should jog some memories around here.) Cooked frozen pizza for dinner. Talked with best friend tonight on phone!!! yipppeeee!!!!

Old stereo/record player...free from sister-in-law years ago.
Records to play...pretty pennies from parents years ago.
chipmunks singing goober peas at speed of 45 rpm's....priceless.

All in all some interesting trades. I especially liked nap time, and listening to old 33 records at 45 speed. Caiden's favorite thing is to play all the big records at 45 and he thoroughly enjoys the chipmunk impersonators...remember the howling dog song on Lady and the Tramp? That is hysterical in regular speed, chipmunk...crazy hysterical..especially for the 3 an 5 year old. The jungle book songs at 45? totally funny...the kids go crazy jumping on the trampoline trying to match the rhythm. Now, if I could just go to sleep at a decent hour and not feel so stinkin' tired tomorrow. This tired momma is goin' to bed.

4 comments:

Andee said...

I need to get a hold of a record player. Music Machine, Psalty, Mr. Goodbody... Whatever happened to high quality entertainment? Oh yeah. It became low quality. Still fond memories.

Kari said...

We have done music machine and Bullfrogs and butterflies...they seem as lively as I remember! So far, the little white duck and Lady and the tramp (both mainly music) are the favorites.

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Kari, your to do list sounds like mine but when I list what I did, it was far from the list. LOL I am glad you took a nap, I have been taking them quite often here while DS is in school. As for the ballet pictures, they are darling. I am glad you got the leotard just in time. I live in the city and it was hard to find something for Zahara. A friend of mine bought it in Texas and mailed it to me. We still don't have ballet slippers. Where did you find yours?

Kari said...

The ballet slippers. Our first pair was from dance discount supply (online...great prices) they were too little for little miss wide foot, so we went to the dance store and got "fitted" there so they are right, which is nice. What I learned about slippers is that every brand is made in a completely different place and so sizing is completely different.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin