My grandpa, My dad.
I love family resemblances and peeks into the future. Anything look interesting here?
I am so very blessed to still have my two grandpas alive. I enjoy visiting with each of them, especially when we can have lots of family together. I love hearing the "old stories over again" and seeing everyone laugh until they cry over stuff that we've always laughed about.
I don't know about your family, but we have tons of jokes involving outhouses, bathrooms, cameras, getting lost in Utah, learning to drive, and bbq mishaps. So sweet to have these stories. I wonder which stories will be carried on into the hearts of my children. I do hope there will be much joy and laughter planted deep in their hearts.
This seems especially important now as I look at my dear grandpas with such joy, and at the same time miss both my grandmas with such sorrow. One, I know I'll see again and am so very grateful for her faithfulness and covering of prayer in our lives. The other? I am so thankful for the joy we shared and the memories I have, yet my sorrow for her is deeper and sadder and strikes at the most odd times.
I miss them both tons, and yet because I know that one is waiting for us in heaven I have such peace about her departure from our lives. the other? No sure peace. I believe she could have still decided at the very end, we don't know. But I know what her decisions were through her life and would not expect to see her in the future. For that, I mourn.
So, as the new year begins I think of lives so full of promise this year and am praying that many would choose Life. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the World that He gave His ONLY son that whosoever believes on Him, will not perish but have everlasting life."
It is belief, not works, that determine our everlasting future. Do you know where you are going? and Why?
No comments:
Post a Comment