Tuesday, January 27, 2009

solo

so, My dear dear hubby is spending the week with his parents. I get to be home and run things solo. Some things I'm hoping to do...

More reading,
More writing (writing? I may have forgotten how to do this?)
"Back in the day" my evenings were spent with a pot of tea, quiet music, and my trusty computer to write on...kind of pretending to BE a writer. Mostly journalling type of writing. Although for about a month I started a novel about my friendship with this great girl named Nora.

I am hoping to lose a couple of pounds, by fixing lighter meals, have less leftovers, eat more veggies.

I am hoping to be a good alpha to the dog...this also will take a little discipline...you see...our dog has BIG teeth and is used to wrestling with the alpha in the evening...I don't wrestle with big pointy teeth...he will have to settle for fetch and tug of war.

The whole time I will be praying for my father in law who has a brain tumor. Dear hubby is spending the time to be support for his mom and be a part of the consultations as information is presented and options are thought about. Will you pray with us? For God's will and direction, peace and understanding.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I can relate! Haven't managed to loose any weight, though the majority of our kids now consider salad to be a food object and not just a garnish (actually, Q likes salad too, but in an attmept to make a "hearty" dinner, I have been skipping the salad...)
I have been reading in the evenings, although I should be packing. (:
Enjoy your time...
Oh, and I'm glad to hear that you like that exercise machine. I was thinking about looking for one like that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin