Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WFMW make ahead twice baked potatoes



Hubby is a potato farmer. You might think that we live on them. We don't. Sorry 'bout that. I do love them. The kids are only just now liking them. (the SHAME!!) Hubby likes them for a snack, or light meal. I started making a bunch ahead of time.

I cook 8 or so in the microwave. While they cool I cook 8 more.
Scrape them out, leaving a little potato. Broken ones are turned into potatoe skins for that evenings' meal.
Beat all the scrapings with milk, cream cheese, butter, and seasoning.
Fill the empty skins.
place on cookie sheet and freeze. After couple of hours, or the next day. (whichever comes first...mommies...you know what I mean!)
place several in ziploc bags, date and stick back in freezer.

To reheat...place in oven for 1/2 hour, 40 minutes, or zap in micro for a few minutes. (or both, whatever floats your boat.)
ta da...pretty potatoes. Works For me!!

For more Works for me Wednesday ideas head on over to Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Yummy! I've made twice-baked potatoes to freeze, too. My youngest son (he's 18) loves them. I think maybe I'll be making them again soon, after reading about yours!

Lynn said...

I love these, too, though we usually eat them all before they make it to the freezer ;) They're great with Cheddar cheese mixed in, too.

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I love potatoes!!!!! Come on by Tasty Tuesday with one of your recipes one day! Thanks for sharing!

Andee said...

Brilliant. I always buy the 10lb bag of potatoes because it's "a better value" than the 5lb bag. Then a couple of months later, I end up throwing away 5.5lbs of juicy potatoes. This way I could save my potatoes and get a yumm-o side dish/snack out of the deal. I like it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin