Saturday, June 14, 2008

first swim



Thank you to my brother and family for a small swimming pool. We set it up yesterday and celebrated being out of school by spending the afternoon in the water. Since it was filled only 2 hours before they got in , and it is well water which tends to be cold, I didn't know how long they'd stay in. They actually did really good. It was warm enough to make up for the difference.

I will be sad when the mosquitoes start swarming...I may have to get some cutter to try in the area. A friend told me last year that it works really well. I'm just not so sure that it could make a difference, since everywhere around us is mosquito heaven...it is certainly worth a try though. The bees may be a problem too, but luckily the pool is not too close to vegetation, so maybe my son who seems to attract bee stings, will be okay? I suppose I will also have to invest in bee traps...hmmm...we'll see, maybe God will place a bug guard around the area for us...anything is possible!

anyway, the kids had a great time, and I told them that today they cold try out the snorkels if they wanted. I am going to have to figure out a way to keep the trips inside to gather more toys down from a hundred, I had planned on reading in my umbrella chair while they played. Instead Mommy was like a jack in the box...back inside for cups, swimming shoes, sunscreen, towels, hats, etc.

The excitement of the day? a stray kitty is holed up under the house. It did actually come out, and I almost got close enough to grab it. However it turned and totally flared it claws and hissed. I'm not so sure I'm interested in befriending it. I know now that it can come out, so we shouldn't be tormented by a crying cat at least. It was a very small black fuzzy furball. Kev says wild kittens can't be tamed. I sold my cat carriers in the last garage sale...so even if I managed to catch it...I'd be holding a mad wild kitty with no place to put it...not too smart I believe! but it is pretty funny watching Anslow sniff it out...hopefully it is scary enough to discourage the boy from eating it!

3 comments:

DuVal Family said...

Sorry to dispell Kevin's beliefs but I did sucessfully tame a wild kitten when I was young. It certainly takes a lot of time...time that maybe only a kid has! :) Good luck!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

We finally are getting some sunshine. Cute pic

Garden State Kate said...

Great pics! I have a plastic tote (like a bag)
that I keep near our back door with hats,sunglasses,sunscreen,magazine,
and a couple snacks (raisins,rice cakes this week)when we head out I toss my camera, and portable phone
and a couple of water bottles in it and we go.;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin