We didn't make anything this week. However, my sweet grandmother made this dress 30 years ago, I think that counts as old. Especially since I have moved over 20 times in my life and the dress has survived to be worn quite willingly today by Ady. She even snuggled it in the car after a day at the lake. My grandma made many things for me over the years. The annual slippers, many dolls. When I learned to knit around 10 or so, she finished the legwarmers that I had started. (which now reside in the costume bucket and I had to show Ady what they were for.) She made many sets of doll clothes (which are upstairs in Ady's room waiting for her little fingers to be able to do the ties and buttons.) and my favorite blanket with strawberry shortcake, which I still love, especially when I am sick. Was it really 30 years ago that I wore this? I don't have any recognition of it, but mom was my age when I was Ady's age...evidence that life does go on and on.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Unplugged old
We didn't make anything this week. However, my sweet grandmother made this dress 30 years ago, I think that counts as old. Especially since I have moved over 20 times in my life and the dress has survived to be worn quite willingly today by Ady. She even snuggled it in the car after a day at the lake. My grandma made many things for me over the years. The annual slippers, many dolls. When I learned to knit around 10 or so, she finished the legwarmers that I had started. (which now reside in the costume bucket and I had to show Ady what they were for.) She made many sets of doll clothes (which are upstairs in Ady's room waiting for her little fingers to be able to do the ties and buttons.) and my favorite blanket with strawberry shortcake, which I still love, especially when I am sick. Was it really 30 years ago that I wore this? I don't have any recognition of it, but mom was my age when I was Ady's age...evidence that life does go on and on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is so adorable. She looks absolutly precious in that dress.
What a precious legacy for you and your daughter! The dress is timeless and truely beautiful.
I love it! Someone on an online forum belong to called items like these "hand me downs." I prefer to think of them as heirlooms. What a precious girl you have!
She is too cute!
Kelsey
mysweetlife.org
That's so cool that you held on to that dress for her. She looks great! :)
I have a few things (blankets and sweaters) that my grandmother made and its so nice to pass these things down. I love the pictures next to the daisies.
Heather
www.myfamilylovesit.com
What a sweet post! That dress is adorable on your daughter. Isn't it nice to save things from your childhood and see your children enjoy those very same things? I guess being a packrat (as I am) isn't so bad.
She's so cute. How wonderful it has kept up and now Ady can wear it. She looks happy in it.
Post a Comment