I started early on this one. I decided that I needed to do these projects earlier, I seemed to have my timing off of what the others seem to be doing. So, we are skipping paint altogether and moving right along to sticky...this way maybe I won't always be the last to join in!
Our first project is Oobleck. parts of cornstarch and water...a very common hands on activity. I first met oobleck in college in a teaching elementary science class.
I started by asking the kids if it was liquid or solid...apparently words I haven't used before with them, so we learned two new vocab words out of the deal! Ady thought that it was very interesting. Caiden was only mildly interested, he hasn't ever been big on touching sticky stuff.
4 comments:
Can I play?! This stuff is so much fun to play with.
Oobleck? That's a new one for me! It looks like something my kids would love though. Thanks for cluing me in!
I love oobleck! It is one of my favorites. There's a Dr. Seuss book, Bartholomew and the Oobleck that you can read too to add to the fun. :)
P loves Oobleck too..we haven't done that in a while though...
Post a Comment