Today we started a paper mache project. I seem to do one a year. I don't know why we don't do more, I think it is very fun. Two years ago I made a Train engine with the kids for Caiden, he still pushes it around and loves it dearly. (big blue train on the table, he's dragging it from room to room as I write this.) Last year, I made Caiden an elephant trunk for his birthday costume, he still uses that too. I thought it was time that Ady had a homemade toy that might last awhile. I decided to make a cat for her, since she has a collection. I intended to make it big and strong enough to serve as a step for her bed, but I don't think I accomplished that. I think the final project will be fun for her though, and hopefully it won't resemble a pig too much! although, she does want to paint it pink...she may have to become a good defender of her new dear friend.
Ady LOVED the stickiness part, she was an Excellent mache-er, Caiden added a few dry pieces for me to smooth over with the gunk. Ady was in it up to her eye balls. So far, half of the kitty is mached, it usually takes a few days to dry, so it will be another week before we get it painted I think. I guess I have that long to dream up pink paint...maybe she'll let me stripe it with black and we can have a pink tabby cat....maybe.
7 comments:
What a great idea for "sticky"! I didn't think of papier-mache for this one. :) Two and a half years ago I made a Thoth (Ibis) head for my son's Halloween costume from papier-mache. He still wears it often to dress up and it's holding up well. Maybe I need to do something new for my daughter? Hmmm... you've inspired me!
We like to do this too but really have not done it enough. It is so much fun! Can't wait to see how it finishes up!
Cat, pig, paper mache is always an adventure! I can't wait to see it painted!
Meg
we enjoy papier mache, too!
I never think to do paper mache either. I like the cat, I hope you will post a picture of it when it is done! Thanks for joining in!
I can't wait to see the cat in all her pinkness ;)
Hey Caiden and Ady,
We enjoyed your projects! Uncle Terry, Aunt Teresa, Kyle, and I are visiting Big mama and big papa today. We are celebrating father's day and grandpa's b-day. We are having a blast, wish you were here though! We are about to have ice box dessert.(yum) I would like to visit you on the farm this year!
Your Cousin,
Amber:)
Post a Comment