Now that Melon Season is here. We have been eating quite a bit. I find peeling wedges to be a bit annoying for my little ones, and having them naw them like rabbits seems to waste much too much precious melon. So, I make melon balls out of the whole melon as soon as I cut it. This way it is ready for snacks, or meals and is little kid friendly. I find that I serve melon more often and it is better received this way than in unmanageable wedges. And just because...I don't have a melon baller, I use my olive spoon. Since I don't often have need of an olive spoon and it works fabulous.
5 comments:
I love to eat any melon and this puts a new twist on it. I have two cantalope that need to be cut up...I think I will melon ball them instead.
Thanks,
robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/
I love using my melon baller! :) It's the first thing I turn to when we buy melon. A container of melon balls fits much better in the refrigerator than a large melon rolling around! :) Plus, it's handy to grab for a potluck.
Blessings,
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com
mmm yum, how refreshing.
My parents always cut them up into cubes and into tupperware. We were more likely to munch on them that way then if they were left in the wedges. Plus, we could use toothpicks to keep hands clean, but they were disposable.
We use those "lollipop" sticks (you can get them at Wallmart,etc real cheap) we put melon ball,blueberry,melon ball and the kids eat them up..and almost always still have clean hands. ;-)
Post a Comment