Lesson 1...If we can't receive teaching with a good attitude the teacher is likely to walk away.
This morning we were playing bubbles, all was well, we made new shapes with pipe cleaner and talked about how the bubbles are still always circles. Caiden thought that had to do with the shape of the pan, not the shape of the blower. So we tried a square pan, still circle bubbles! I then tried to teach him how to use his fingers as a bubble blower but he wouldn't let me correct his method and teach him, so I walked away and left him to his own thing.
A few minutes later, Caiden headed to the garden full of independence and purpose, with a rake intending to "garden". He started scratching at the seedlings and I had to tell him that since he wasn't willing to learn the correct way to do things, he would only be allowed to work outside of the garden area. (the weed patch)
???How often are we like this with our lessons from God? He is ready and willing and patient to teach us a worthy useful lesson. We turn away in stubbornness unwilling to bend His direction. Then when another opportunity comes, we head right into the garden for some harvesting, yet are relegated to the weed patch but not before undoing the early growth that has begun. Because we have not bothered to learn. I could go on and on with the analogies, hopefully you understand my point. Obviously I need to be aware of this lesson, since it was shown to me twice in five minutes.
Lesson #2 (about 2 minutes later) Caiden is swinging and asks if we can call our neighbor who is the same age. Caiden has been wanting to invite little guy for a year. I have asked the mom several times if we could do a play date. Mom is always civil and we often visit when our paths cross. Yet, no return calls, or attempts to make a plan. I have told Caiden that we need to wait for her to call, and not bug them. When she's ready, she will call. Unfortunately for us, Caiden still greatly desires to invite little guy over and says that it "is taking too long for her to call"
???How often is God ready to increase our knowledge, or bring a new relationship about, but we are too busy, or stubborn, or shy, or unbelieving to allow it? How often is what we are looking for just waiting for us if only we would believe and ask.
I think I need to be looking around today and try to be very aware of possibilities.
2 comments:
I know just what you mean.
I hope the neighbor calls back..we have a similar situation with ours.
Hope the neighbor calls. Very well written post.
Post a Comment