After 7 days of caterpillars, and 14 days of chrysalids, we have a first painted lady today. I found her right after lunch. We were soooo happy, we created a happy butterfly dance! When Caiden got home to see her, he fell in love instantly. We got butterfly updates through the rest of the afternoon and into the evening. I was beginning to worry that we were going to have to order more caterpillars and try again, I was very very relieved that we had at least one make it so far. Hopefully there will be more tomorrow. The big question...shall we release them, or watch the whole life cycle and let them only live in the habitat? (I think we will probably release them maybe on Father's day??)
Monday, June 9, 2008
Painted Lady
After 7 days of caterpillars, and 14 days of chrysalids, we have a first painted lady today. I found her right after lunch. We were soooo happy, we created a happy butterfly dance! When Caiden got home to see her, he fell in love instantly. We got butterfly updates through the rest of the afternoon and into the evening. I was beginning to worry that we were going to have to order more caterpillars and try again, I was very very relieved that we had at least one make it so far. Hopefully there will be more tomorrow. The big question...shall we release them, or watch the whole life cycle and let them only live in the habitat? (I think we will probably release them maybe on Father's day??)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun to see it go through all the stages.
Post a Comment